Vancouver Bach Choir
Jun. 2, 2017
Now in its 86th season, the Vancouver Bach Choir (VBC) provides high quality training and performances of traditional and new choral works for all communities and ages. With eight choral ensembles, the VBC is one of the largest choral groups in Metro Vancouver and the only organization that provides choral singing and education to over 400 voices from kindergarten to adulthood.
This contract position is 20 hours per week, working out of the Vancouver Bach Choir Office. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Accounting and Systems Administrator is responsible for preparing and maintaining the journal entries and general ledger, payroll and all other bookkeeping duties, as well as overseeing the maintenance of databases. Full-cycle bookkeeping experience required; database and webpage experience preferred, but not required.
Preferred start date is July 5th, but some flexibility can be offered.
Our office offers a small, collaborative team, with flexible working hours.
• Prepare all journal entries and maintain monthly general ledger (in Simply Accounting).
• Manage all accounts by liaising with treasurer on best accounting and legal practices.
• Process all annual, quarterly and monthly filings with CRA, CADAC, SOCAN, BC Registries, Worksafe BC, all funding agencies and insurance agencies.
• Assist in preparation of budgets for grant and development purposes as needed.
• Issue Tax receipts.
• Record and manage all payables and receivables.
• Prepare and execute monthly payroll.
• Prepare monthly financial statements with Simply Accounting and all bank reconciliations.
• Assist with the documentation required for annual audit.
• Consult on annual budget preparation with treasurer and Executive Director.
• Maintain CRM Database using the Salesforce platform.
• Oversee, maintain and update website.
• Liaise with Operations Coordinator as necessary on database maintenance and usage.
• Working with the Operations Coordinator, administer the registration and enrollment process for children’s and adult programmes.
• Liaise with event ticketing service providers.
• Skilled in use of Wordpress, Salesforce, Simply Accounting and Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of non-profit CRA regulations and arts organizations is an asset
• Previous bookkeeping experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently, with excellent organization and time management skills.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF with your full name and job position in the document title to email@example.com before June 2, 2017 at 4pm. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.