Seismic Shift Arts Society (dba DanceHouse)
June 9, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Seismic Shift Arts Society produces DanceHouse, a dance presentation series of internationally recognized dance companies. DanceHouse, entering its tenth anniversary season, offers audiences large-scale performances at the Vancouver Playhouse. In support of its presentation activities, DanceHouse undertakes educational and outreach initiatives.
Seismic Shift Arts Society is seeking two full-time Communications and Data Assistants for a nine-week summer term. The Communications and Data Assistants will participate in the collation, review and analysis of marketing research and audience statistics, and will assist with the implementation of marketing and fundraising campaigns. They will assist with the maintenance of data and ticketing management systems in addition to assisting with a number of dance programs.
- Participate in big data project including data management, analysis and visualization in close collaboration with staff and outside consultant to build arts audience profiles
- Work with information and communications technology including Excel, Theatre Manager, Tableau and various social media platforms
- Help to market and publicize the organization’s cultural programming specific to Canada 150
- Coordinate promotional mailing and oversee 3 – 5 volunteers
- Coordinate youth dance workshop and associated activities including registration, electronic promotion, interaction with participants, and attendance at studio sessions to represent organization and take pictures
- Attend first half hour of artistic rehearsals, interact with artists, and take pictures for electronic marketing and historical documentation
- Update and help develop website content and promotional materials for local dance companies
- Oversee external translation services and edit English to French written copy on website and various promotional materials
- Participate in ongoing office activities including filing, answering phones, and attending staff meetings
Candidates must be:
a. between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
b. registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
c. intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
d. a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
e. a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
f. legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign students are not eligible.
Candidates must have a demonstrated interest in the arts; education or experience in arts is an asset. Proficient computer skills are required (i.e. experience in a Mac environment). Candidates must be able to work independently and have high attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to Charlotte Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
$13 per hour, 35 hours per week. This is a temporary position to start on June 26, 2017, ending on August 25, 2017.