Place des Arts
Aug. 18, 2017
Place des Arts provides quality arts education in the visual and performing arts for all ages and skill levels. We offer a friendly, non-competitive environment where students are encouraged to learn and to develop an appreciation for the arts.
Place des Arts is seeking casual Art/Dance/Drama/Music instructors for offsite after-school programs at School District 43 elementary and middle schools starting September 2017. Applicants must be qualified and have experience teaching children and teens.
Applicants must be willing to travel to elementary and middle schools in Coquitlam, Port Moody and/or Port Coquitlam to teach a session of classes over a period of 8 weeks. All classes are held on weekdays after 3PM. Elementary School teaching hours are typically 3:00-4:00pm and Middle School teaching hours are typically 3:15-4:45pm.
• A bachelor’s degree in dance, drama, visual arts or music and/or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of 2-years teaching experience working with children and teens of various skill levels
• Current First Aid/CPR certification or able to obtain one by September 1, 2017
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
• Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
• Highly responsible and punctual
• Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
• Access to a vehicle and valid BC driver’s licence
Instructors are contracted to a self-employment agreement. Place des Arts coordinates studio space, scheduling, registration and program promotions. All Place des Arts instructors must obtain and provide a Police Information Check prior to teaching at Place des Arts.
How to Apply:
All submissions should include the following information:
1. Name, address and telephone number (e-mail address if available)
2. Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience
3. Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
Send your application c/o Jessie Au, Fine & Performing Arts Programmer by August 18, 2017.
Mail: 1120 Brunette Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2
Commensurate with qualifications and experience