Place des Arts
Place des Arts is an established non-profit arts centre and music school in Coquitlam. With a mission to inspire the artist in everyone, Place des Arts offers high quality arts education programs in music, dance, visual arts, theatre arts and creative writing for all ages and abilities. The centre’s Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and its annual program of events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing diverse members of the community together to experience the arts.
Place des Arts is seeking an enthusiastic, qualified Action Figure Making Teacher who is passionate about teaching and interacts well with 8 – 12 year olds.
The candidate would be responsible for teaching an Action Figure Sculpting class between September 21, 2017 and June 14, 2018. The class would involve teaching students how to make on-of-a-kind action figures using old-school clay sculpting techniques with cutting-edge 3D printed action figure skeletons. Class may also include designing figures on paper, creating environments, photography and other elements.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of 2-years teaching experience working with students of various ages and abilities
• Must have experience teaching children
• Must have experience with sculpting clay and 3D printing models
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
• Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
• Highly responsible and punctual
• Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
• Eager to participate in and contribute to our vibrant centre
How to Apply:
All submissions should include the following information
1. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
2. Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience
3. Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
Send your application c/o Oliver McTavish-Wisden, Fine & Performing Arts Programmer.
Mail: 1120 Brunette Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2