Vancouver Tap Dance Society
Vancouver Tap Dance Society (VanTap) strives to be an innovative leader in the promotion of tap dance and is dedicated to developing an awareness of the art form.
For more about our mission and operations, please visit: www.vantapdance.com
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic candidate to join the Vancouver Tap Dance Society team.
Over the summer the Junior Administrator and Archivist will develop and lead several special archival projects at the VanTap studio. They will also assist at an entry level with general operations, such as clerical and reception duties for the fall program at VanTap dance academy.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Vancouver Tap Dance Society and the onsite Senior Administrator. The job will take place at the academy location on East Hastings.
In collaboration with ED and Senior Administrator, candidate will complete archival projects which may include:
- sorting through archive boxes from the Society’s history
- recording, organizing, and filing; developing an archival approach
- preparing documents for shredding
- digitizing VHS tapes
- taking inventory of costumes and equipment stored in the building
Clerical and organizational work:
- maintaining and updating office files
- answering phones and relaying messages
- responding to emails
- answering basic inquiries about registration
- assisting with logistics and festival as needed
- Interest and/or experience in archiving, reception, administration or clerical work
- Ability to work independently and self-direct effectively
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Friendly, clear communicator
- Basic computer knowledge
- Working command of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Respectful of confidentiality
DURATION AND COMPENSATION
30 hours per week
6 week contract July 15-August 31
$12.00 per hour
This position is offered through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act,
- and, be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with cover letter to VanTap.
Please include your cover letter and resume as attachments in PDF format. Please include the words “Junior Administrator and Archivist” in your subject line.
$12.00 per hour