City of New Westminster - Anvil Centre
Sep. 1, 2017
Anvil Centre is the showpiece civic facility located in the heart of the downtown New Westminster. Anvil Centre encompasses 84,000-square feet of interior space and includes: conference and meeting facilities, theatre, multi-purpose rooms, multi-purpose art studios, art gallery, the City’s Museum and Archives, and much more. Details and links on this exciting new facility can be found at www.anvilcentre.ca
The Anvil Centre cultural studios are top of the line professional studio spaces that offer quality setting for visual, performing, applied, sound and new media arts. The Centre also offers professionally outfitted, acoustically insulated music practice rooms.
DEPARTMENT: Office of the CAO
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: To be determined; starting January 2018
SALARY: $32.43/hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
*Please note that the hours of work are dependent on program registration and the successful candidate will have the ability to work weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
The courses will take place in the cultural studios and instructors will have the ability to connect their classes to the overall programming of the Centre (New Media Gallery, Community Art Space, Museums and Archives).
We are looking for a dynamic theatre arts instructor to join our faculty and help develop our performing arts programs. You will design and implement theatre classes and day camps for preschool, children, and youth. Some specific duties will include developing curriculum in line with the ongoing programming and upholding the high quality and professionalism of the Anvil Centre.
• Completion of a post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent in theatre or the performing arts
• Minimum 3 years of previous teaching experience.
• Experience with contemporary practices, including devised work, collaborative creation, and non-script-based theatre making.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and objectives of contemporary art education in community recreation facilities.
• Sound knowledge of non-formal teaching methods and group leadership techniques.
• Excellent supervisory and organizational skills.
• Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a criminal and police record check.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #17-106, by September 1, 2017 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
SALARY: $32.43/hour + 12% in lieu of benefits *Please note that the hours of work are dependent on program registration and the successful candidate will have the ability to work weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.