Emily Carr University of Art & Design
Aug. 24, 2017
Temporary Full-Time Excluded Position (ASAP to 30 March 2018)
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Applications are invited for an HR Administrator to be responsible for performing a wide range of administrative tasks in support of the Human Resources Department.
- 1 Answers the telephones, greets visitors, and provides general information for the Human Resources Department in person and via telephone, fax, and email.
- 2 Assists in the administration of the recruitment and selection functions of the department including:
- Receiving, responding, distributing, and keeping records of solicited and unsolicited applications.
- Checking applications for completeness and following up with applicants if additional materials are required.
- Preparing recruitment advertising, posting on website, and updating website as to status of competitions.
- Assembling competition files and materials required for the search committees.
- Providing updates to applicants regarding hiring timeline and/or status.
- Returning support materials to candidates.
- 3 Completes all routine office duties (incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, distribution of documents, filing, ordering supplies, re-filling forms, etc.).
- 4 Provides administrative assistance to the HR Advisor, Faculty, including preparation, distribution, tracking, and filing of contracts and entering information, including stipends, into Colleague. Provides administrative assistance to other HR Advisors for special projects and periods of work.
- 5 Prepares and posts signage for class cancellations for ill/away Faculty.
- 6 Regularly updates the Human Resources website (i.e. competitions status).
- 7 Coordinates student course evaluation procedures, including providing Students and Faculty with online evaluation information, and procedures and timelines. In collaboration with the Project Manager, Institutional Research + Colleague Systems, processes evaluation summaries and distributes to Faculty. Tracks evaluation response rates and flags as appropriate.
- 8 Provides administrative support to the Faculty Developmental Review procedure by tracking developmental review schedules, assembling Faculty files (i.e. student course evaluation summaries and professional development reports) for review by the Developmental Review Committee. Records notes and outcomes of Developmental Review Committee meetings.
- 9 In collaboration with University Events assists with the organization of Human Resources events, including developing event plans, monitoring set budgets, and coordinating logistics (i.e. venue bookings, catering, décor, invitations).
- 10 Provides assistance to the AVP, Human Resources by responding to inquiries, managing calendar, researching special interest topics, and other related matters.
- 11 Sets up new Student Monitors, Models, and Research Assistants in Colleague. Creates, organizes, and maintains files. Communicates with hiring supervisors regarding hiring process, GL codes, timesheets, etc. Monitors required paperwork and follows up on incomplete forms. Assists international students in obtaining Social Insurance Numbers and tracks expiry dates. Liaises with Financial Services regarding a variety of payroll related matters.
- 12 Word processes, scans, files, photocopies, etc. a variety of materials such as letters, memos, and reports. Composes routine correspondence.
- 13 Submits applications for Criminal Record Checks, provides results to contacts as necessary, and follows up on expiry dates.
- Two Year Diploma in Business or Office Administration.
- Minimum one year related experience, preferably in a unionized post-secondary environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well-developed computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office) and HRIS (i.e. Colleague).
- Ability to effectively build relationships with Students, Staff, Faculty, and Public.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with confidential material and situations.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting Competition #A011-2017) by 4:00pm, Thursday, 24 August 2017 to: Human Resources, Emily Carr University, 520 E 1st Ave, Vancouver BC V5T 0H2, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted as a single pdf document.
$22.69 to $27.31 per hour