Caravan World Rhythms Society
Dec. 8, 2017
Caravan World Rhythms is a Vancouver-based non-profit society whose mandate is to program and promote a year-round series of culturally diverse music and dance performances, thematic cultural festivals, and educational events featuring artists from around the world. We work closely with local artists and partner organizations from Vancouver's rich ethnocultural mosaic, building bridges between communities in the region. Please visit our web-site, www.caravanbc.com for more info about our organization and past events.
Working closely with the Managing Artistic Director, you will be responsible for promoting the organization’s brand, as well as marketing our year-round series of events. You will also support our grant-writing and other resource development tasks. The ideal candidate has a background in communications and marketing, including event promotions, media relations, social media, digital strategy, and website management. You are a strategic thinker with strong project management skills, and the ability to work independently and with a team.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and implement a general communications plan for Caravan, to increase its general presence and relevance in the community.
- Coordinate design of marketing materials with graphic designer.
- Plan and Implement Caravan’s ongoing social media activities, building online presence.
- Maintain and update the Caravan website.
- Plan and implement print and online advertising activities.
- Identify and reach out to communities and organizations relevant to each Caravan event, organizing cross-promotions, special offers, contests, etc…
- Manage physical distribution of event marketing materials, such as posters, flyers, and tickets.
PROPOSAL AND GRANT-WRITING (30%)
- Support resource development activities, including researching and writing government/foundation grant and corporate sponsorship proposals.
- Support communication activities with Caravan Board of directors and volunteers
VOLUNTEER & EVENT MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers for work leading up to, and at events: poster distribution, front-of-house, ticket-selling, artist hospitality, and transportation, as needed. Not required for all events.
- Support any other event management logistics as needed.
- Minimum 4 years working in marketing, proposal-writing and event management related activities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, adaptable to a variety of contexts.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing and advertising techniques and strategies.
- Some graphic design knowledge preferable, or experience supervising contract graphic designers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Have a fully-functioning home office.
- Strong knowledge of Vancouver arts and culture scene.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities.
- Enjoy reaching out to people in the community, from media, to businesses, artists and volunteers.
- Passion for the music, dance, and cultures from around the world
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your Resume and an cover letter
$20-25/hour, based on experience and qualifications. 15-20 hours week, with strong potential for increasing hours over time.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org