VSO School of Music
The VSO School of Music is a new state-of-the-art music school located adjacent to the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Vancouver. The School offers individual instruction by members of the Vancouver Symphony and other educators, a wide range of courses, performance opportunities and other opportunities to interact with VSO musicians and guest artists. The School serves students of all ages, levels and abilities.
The 25,000 square foot facility includes a presentation theatre, 17 separated teaching studios, large ensemble rooms, percussion rooms, 6 practice rooms, 2 classrooms, computer listening stations, and gift shop.
Reporting to the Operation Manager, the House Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring a smooth facilitation of rental events at the VSO School of Music. This is a casual on-call position and shifts vary from month to month. Start time can vary from morning to night, weekday and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities of the House Manager include but are not limited to:
- The execution and management of the front of house for all rentals including all aspects of audience services, stage management and managing technical staff
- Assist in technical & stage set-up when needed
- Preparation of pre and post show reports
- Preparing and maintaining cleanliness of the venues areas and washrooms (during rentals)
- Ensure comfort and safety of patrons is maintained during your shift including both pre-show, during performances and post-show
- Confirming Special Occasion License is presented when required and that the client adheres to the applicable by-laws
- Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns in lobby and Pyatt Hall
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Well organized and efficient
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, handle unexpected situations and problem solve
- Be a strong leader and team player and able to work alone
- Experience working in a variety of special events
- previous experience working in the performing arts or hospitality sector with specific experience in administration, backstage and/or catering an asset
- Computer experience in Excel, Word and database systems required
- Ability to work very flexible hours(shift work)
- Must be physically able to lift 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of audio/visual equipment (an asset, not required)
- Serving It Right (an asset, not required)
- Experience in public speaking (an asset, not required)
How to Apply:
To Apply: Interested individuals should submit their resume, including 3 references, by email to the following: Jobs@vsoschoolofmusic.ca
No Phone Calls Please