Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Sep. 18, 2017
Bard on the Beach Theatre Society is Western Canada’s largest Shakespeare Festival with an annual budget of more than $6 million and over 100,000 patrons per year. Now entering our 28th Season, the Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas, and several special events from June through September in two large theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park and arts education programming year-round. Bard has recently moved into the BMO Theatre Centre. This new space allows Bard to expand its administrative, production and outreach activities, and marks an exciting new phase in the history of the company.
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the Bard team, developing and activating Marketing initiatives to support public awareness and engagement with the Festival and its attendance and ticket revenue goals. Under the direction of the Marketing Director, primary responsibilities include overseeing and maintaining all Bard’s online channels and spaces including all e-comms, the annual digital advertising campaign and the Festival website; designing and implementing online advertising and sales promotions; coordinating the production of video and photographic collateral; providing in-house support for Bard’s contract publicist; and contributing ideas and practical support to all aspects of Bard’s marketing and communications efforts as assigned.
- Write marketing emails, E-newsletter and promotional copy for print & online spaces; edit and proof others’ copy
- Create and post engaging content for Bard’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Bard’s blog; monitor and respond to external content to support Bard’s online engagement strategies
- Manage Bard’s digital advertising campaign, working with an external ad agency and graphic designer/s
- Manage all aspects of the website in collaboration with an external graphic design agency
- Negotiate and monitor a range of business-to-business partnerships and other co-marketing initiatives
- Monitor and analyze relevant data to identify opportunities and design strategies to support achieving ticket sales & revenue targets, as well as audience growth and development goals
- Manage budget allocations for video and production photography services and the digital advertising campaign
- Liaise with and provide in-house support for Bard’s seasonal contract publicist
- Organize and maintain Bard’s image file collections, including production videos, photography and logos
- Keep abreast of new technologies and platforms, identifying useful new marketing methods and programs
- Other general marketing duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of dedicated marketing assignment/s with one or more performing arts organizations, preferably in Vancouver
- Experience in managing online spaces and social media channels is required; oversight of a performing arts website is an asset
- Experience with tracking and analyzing sales and attendance data is required; experience with Spektrix ticketing and data management software is an asset
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills to support a range of print materials and online channels (especially web copy and promotional materials)
- Strong, persuasive verbal communicator with highly developed, demonstrated communication skills
- Self-motivated, follows through to deliver on assignments with strong time management skills
- Organized and detail oriented; demonstrated ability to maintain records and create reports
- Ability to multi-task and consistently re-prioritize based on departmental needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and image management software (minimum: Photoshop)
- Passion for the performing arts (especially theatre) in general and Shakespeare in particular
How to Apply:
Please send by email your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, experience and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive employee benefits package.
Contact Name: Heather Kennedy
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org