Sep. 24, 2017
For more than four decades, The Cultch has presented unforgettable theatre, dance and music, bringing world-class local, national and international presentations to thousands of patrons each year. Located just off Commercial Drive, The Cultch is also a great place to work. Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate, detail-oriented and energetic who have a love and knowledge of the contemporary performing arts in all forms and delight in sharing this passion. We believe you'll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and artistically rewarding. Join our team and share our vision of a future filled with the best that contemporary art has to offer.
Reporting to The Cultch’s Director of Patron Development & working closely with the Marketing team, the Design & Web Coordinator is responsible for the design and production of marketing creative (both print and web) within the structure of the Patron Development team. This is a shared job with another part-time Design & Web Coordinator.
This is a part-time, job shared position with regular guaranteed hours of 3 days per week. Full-time hours (5 days per week) are available multiple times throughout the year during busy times in our season.
Design projects include but are not limited to:
- designing and overseeing the printing and production of:
- season brochure
- multi-page programs
- media advertisements
- designing motion graphic advertisements
Website content management (maintaining and updating) is also a function of this position:
- WordPress website updates as required
- Ensure ongoing functionality of website
- Review existing website templates to improve functionality
Social Media activities include but are not limited to:
- Together with The Cultch’s Patron Development Team, create an annual social media plan
- Cultivating strong and relevant social media ‘personality’ in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Increasing online user/patron participation via social networking tools
- Be versed in and stay current with social media practices and trends by participating in professional communities and share those learnings through various internal communication channels.
Audience View content management:
- Become knowledgeable in Audience View, our online ticketing system, and update content
- Review existing website template to improve functionality and transition from Cultch site to ticketing site
- Since this role requires a good knowledge of The Cultch’s programming, it is important to regularly attend performances and events, some of which will occur on evenings and weekends.
- Excellent design and typography skills
- Post-secondary education in graphic design, web design, marketing, or similar experience is required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong copy writing skills
- Ability to problem solve and do relevant research and web analysis
- Spoken and written fluency in English required
- Strong computer and software skills, e.g., Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere), HTML, Microsoft Office. Other multimedia and web skills desirable.
- Strong project management skills
- High degree of self-motivation and good work ethic with proven ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter including your hourly wage expectation and CV to:
- Online: email@example.com w/ “Web & Design Coordinator: part-time / job share” in the subject line
- Mail: 1895 Venables Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 2H6
- Fax: 604-251-1730
Please state your salary expectation in your cover letter.