The ACT Arts Centre (The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council)
Oct. 9, 2017
The ACT Arts Centre, operated by the Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council, a not-for-profit society dedicated to “Bringing Arts to the Heart of our Community”, delivers educational arts programs and presents live performances, exhibitions and special events.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Arts Program Manager manages and supervises the Arts Program & Administration Assistant, arts instructors and volunteers providing leadership and direction on requirements for the Arts Program Department.
As the Arts Program Manager you will manage and develop a cohesive season of arts programs for the City of Maple Ridge. Programming includes liaising with the City of Maple Ridge Programmers, negotiating contracts, data entry, supervising artists and volunteers. Educational Arts Program opportunities are also promoted to Home Learner groups and SD 42.
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating of fine arts programs for various ages
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and guidance to support staff, artists and volunteers
- Considerable knowledge in managing budgets and preparing financial reports
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with the public in a diverse community
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A University Degree in visual arts, arts education or a related field with minimum two years’ experience as a Programmer in a community setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The candidate must be prepared to obtain a valid criminal record check.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations
- First Aid (an asset)
- Criminal record check with a Vulnerable Sector Check
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 9, 2017.
No phone calls please. Only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
We wish to thank all those who apply. We encourage people to view our website for future job postings.
Contact Email: email@example.com