Place des Arts
Oct 1, 2017
PLACE DES ARTS
Place des Arts is an established non-profit arts centre and music school in Coquitlam. With a mission to inspire the artist in everyone, Place des Arts offers high quality arts education programs in music, dance, visual arts, theatre arts and creative writing for all ages and abilities. The centre’s Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and its annual program of events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing diverse members of the community together to experience the arts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fine and Performing Arts Programmer works closely with the Program and Events Coordinator and fellow programmers to develop and implement an annual season of arts programs and events. You are responsible for the development and delivery of all fibre, ceramic and visual arts programming and the development and coordination of the centre’s 3 exhibition spaces. You possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage various stakeholder groups. This is a permanent full-time (37.5 hour per week) position
1. Work with the Program and Events Coordinator and fellow Programmers to develop, coordinate and implement ceramic, fibre and visual arts programs in conjunction with the organization’s mission and strategic plan;
2. Coordinate and facilitate the exhibition program, including calls for artists, adjudication process, scheduling of gallery spaces, installation and strike of exhibitions and any exhibition- related workshops and/or initiatives.
• Develop, coordinate and implement ceramic, fibre and visual arts programs in conjunction with the Program and Events Coordinator and fellow programmers;
• Assist with the coordination and delivery of visual arts activities for local events and initiatives such as Culture Days
• Recruit and liaise with teachers regarding program development and delivery, including course descriptions, class scheduling, supplies, room set-ups;
• Evaluate program status prior to the start of programs; liaise with teachers, students and other staff to inform of changes.
• Liaise with fibre and ceramic studio technicians to assist with monitoring inventory and equipment and communicating studio policy and procedure;
• Support Communications Coordinator with program promotion, targeted marketing and website maintenance;
• Evaluate programs and prepare an annual program report;
• Identify volunteer opportunities in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Liaise with exhibition artists and/or groups to coordinate exhibition installations, promotion and opening receptions;
• Hang/display all exhibitions;
• Coordinate the annual Place des Arts student and Alumni exhibitions, the annual teacher/staff exhibition, and the annual miniature exhibition;
• Lead gallery tours and/or gallery related workshops as needed;
• Coordinate and attend all opening exhibitions and introduce artists to the public;
• Supervise volunteers assisting with exhibition hangings and opening receptions;
• Evaluate and prepare an annual exhibition report;
• Prepare and monitor gallery budgets;
• Coordinate and facilitate the annual Family Day series and other exhibition program initiatives.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Background and degree, or equivalent experience and education, in visual arts, education or related arts discipline;
• Experience working in a gallery setting;
• Excellent working knowledge of standard Microsoft office software; Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience working in a non-profit organization an asset;
• Experience working Active Net registration system is an asset.
• First Aid an asset
• Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector check
• Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and enhance collaborative relationships;
• Ability to relate to children;
• Willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and references by October 1st, 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director. Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.