Full Circle: First Nations Performance is a not-for-profit performing arts society, founded in 1992. Our mandate is to create opportunities for Aboriginal artists, writers and performers to express the reality of Aboriginal experience and to work in harmony with Aboriginal traditions while engaging contemporary performance technique in an interdisciplinary fashion.
We provide opportunities for Native artists to create, work and train in the arts. We offer a professional ensemble training program and are the producers of the annual Talking Stick Festival, a vibrant citywide event that provides a stage for extraordinary Aboriginal artists; established and emerging, national and international, performing live music, dance, theatre, multi-media, storytelling and performance art.
Full Circle is looking for a dynamic, experienced General Manager. This is a salaried position 25 – 35 hours per week reporting to the Artistic Managing Director. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in learning all aspects of Full Circle’s operations. A minimum of 3-5 years’ related experience with a not-for-profit arts organization is required.
Working under the supervision of the Artistic Managing Director and closely with the Managing Producer, the General Manager will oversee the smooth delivery of day to day operations for the organization:
Administration & Operations
- Develop, implement, and document Full Circle office procedures and systems, maintain current operations manual
- Bookkeeping including banking, receipts, invoices, cheque requisitions, AR/AP, coding, budgets, liaison for bookkeeper, accountant and auditor, familiarity with Simply Accounting
- Human Resources – employee/intern recruitment & interview process, staff training & supervision, tracking of timesheets & payroll, coordination of part-time schedules and employee contracts, schedules and records staff holidays, sick days and staff-time allocations, preparation of artist contracts
- Provide administrative mentorship for interns
- Coordinate operations and communications needs of staff, including arranging for regular staff and production meetings
- General office coordination – correspondence, mailings, faxing, filing, organizing and ordering office supplies
- Oversee office equipment and software maintenance, troubleshooting, back-ups, etc.
- Development and upkeep of organization’s main database
- Board liaison, organize meetings, take minutes, distribute agendas, and all other material, etc.
- Undertakes writing, statistical reporting and final budget preparation for final reports to funders
- Assists AMD in researching potential grant opportunities
- Assists AMD with grant application packages by preparing budgets, proofreading materials
- Oversees all deadlines for grant applications and final report due dates
The General Manager position requires a demonstrated sense of leadership, vision, and collaboration with excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy and creativity. The role requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with not-for-profit arts organizations. A proven and strong background in financial and budget management as well as sound administrative and human resource skills is essential. Experience with spreadsheets, word processing, bookkeeping and email programs as well as advanced writing skills are beneficial. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently in a diverse and evolving atmosphere.
Interested applicants may apply with resume and cover letter attention Cheryl Hurd at email@example.com with Full Circle General Manager in the subject line by June 15, 2012. We will be reviewing applications as they arrive; candidates are encouraged to apply early. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Name: Cheryl Hurd
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary to be determined by experience of candidate.