Marketing Associate - Communications (part-time, one year maternity leave position)
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. Now in its 48th season, this not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round in three venues: the 200-seat Revue Stage; 450-seat Granville Island Stage; 650-seat Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage; and tours throughout the province.
We are seeking a part-time (24 hours per week) Marketing and Communications coordinator to manage our electronic communications. This is a one-year maternity leave contract to start mid to late January 2012.
- Grow email list as an effective measure of increased interest in the company and its activities
- Pre show emails with segmentation to build excitement
- Segmented post show emails to elicit feedback
- Respond to online reviews in a timely manner to build loyalty to the company
- Liaise with publications manager and graphic designer to create branded e-communications
- Co-manage social media content in conjunction with communications manager
- In conjunction with the Communications Manager, provide video and photographic content for use online and through media
- Manage show pages online including audience comments, reviews, blog coverage, artistic team, downloads, and the like.
- Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, assisting with PR related activities for our shows when necessary and when the Communications Manager is absent.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in marketing and communications is an asset
- Expertise in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Must be able to meet required deadlines and work effectively within a team to achieve goals
- Exceptional interpersonal awareness—flexible, dependable, and adaptable
- Excellent organizational skills—thorough, detail-oriented, focused, and works to very tight deadlines
- A love of theatre and the arts
Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
1585 Johnston Street Vancouver BC V6H 3R9
Please put in the subject line : application for Marketing Associate-Communications
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.