Marketing Coordinator (short-term)
musica intima is hiring!
Marketing Coordinator (temporary, part-time)
The 2012/13 season marks musica intima’s 20th anniversary as one of Canada’s most exciting vocal ensembles. Over the past twenty years, musica intima has become internationally renowned for performances and recordings that sparkle with fresh insight and vibrant musicality. As a self-directed ensemble, the singers rehearse and perform without a conductor. In rehearsal, they exchange ideas freely while exploring their own musical creativity. In performance, they engage the audience with a freshness and spontaneity all their own.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will work collaboratively with the General Manager, ensemble and Board of Directors. This is a short-term position, beginning on September 10, ending on December 10, 2012.
- Execute the marketing plan, including coordinating all aspects of marketing and publicity campaigns
- Copy writing, editing and proofing promotional items as needed
- Produce and edit performance programs
- Manage social media and blog campaigns (includes updating Facebook and Twitter)
- Update website as needed
- Manage mi’s box office, including subscription and single ticket sales (phone, internet, and door sales)
- Processing and mailing all CD orders received through the website
- Coordinating volunteer activities including front-of-house concert duties
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, to meet deadlines, and to prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work variable hours as required by the job
- A passion for arts and culture
- Knowledge and experience with event planning and/or coordination
- A degree/diploma in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Microsoft office skills required; database experience preferred
Please send resume and cover letter by August 31 to:
c/o Janna Crown, General Manager
302 – 3102 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5T 3G7
Term: Part-time (20 hours/week); flexible. Position will begin on September 10 and finish on December 10.
Thank you for your interest in musica intima! We thank all applicants however only those short‐listed will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
We look forward to hearing from you.