The Gordon Smith Gallery for Canadian Art
The Gordon Smith Gallery for Canadian Art is home to the acclaimed Artists for Kids Collection and is dedicated to sharing the work of great Canadian Artists with young audiences, students of all ages and the general public.
Volunteer Opportunity Description: The Gordon Smith Gallery is seeking friendly, outgoing individuals with exceptional customer service skills to provide the front line greeting to our patrons, clients, and staff – with occasional sales and supports tasks.
• Process gift shop sales, donations, and visitor tracking
• Provide front line communication to the general public regarding Gordon Smith Gallery and its programs.
• Work with other Gordon Smith Gallery staff to facilitate informative visitor services.
• Reconcile cash and credit card sales at the end of shifts, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
• Represent the Gordon Smith Gallery and the Smith Foundation in a professional manner.
• Willing to learn about exhibitions and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and have a keen interest in the arts
• Detail-oriented with excellent customer service skills
• Familiarity with MS Office or Apple software.
• Comfortable working alone.
• Fluent in English (Other language skills is an additional asset).
• Work experience in an arts and/or cultural environment is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please download our Volunteer Application Form (http://www3.gordonsmithgallery.ca/SmithFoundation/Support/Volunteer/Pages/default.aspx) and return it along with your most recent CV to: Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com