Art Works Gallery
Art Works Gallery, one of Western Canada's most dynamic and exciting modern art venues, celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. We represent over 150 contemporary Canadian and International artists working in a variety of mediums and style. Along with original artwork, we also offer posters, canvas transfer services, framed mirrors and custom framing.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
We are in the process of developing a new website and are looking for an enthusiastic, meticulous, and art-loving intern/volunteer to join us on part-time basis to create new content for artists and their works, as well as previous exhibitions to our new website.
- Create new content for artists and their works
- Reformat and edit images of artworks
- Assistance in web design
- Post-secondary education or training in graphic arts or in visual arts
- Experience with Adobe Programs
- Experience with Square Space (not necessary but beneficial)
- Graphic Design Skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Ability to pay attention to fine details and focus on completing a task (editing, proofreading documents, checking for grammar and spelling errors)
- Good organizational skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter with the internship/ volunteer position in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org , explaining why you’re the perfect addition to our team at this exciting time!