Richmond Art Gallery Association
Mar. 31, 2017
The Richmond Art Gallery Association (RAGA) is a non-profit, registered charitable society (CRA Registration no.: 107894883RR0001). We support the Richmond Art Gallery, which is owned and operated by the City of Richmond, in their mission to exhibit, collect, and educate the public about local, national and international contemporary art. The Gallery plays a dynamic role in the growth of visual art in Richmond, and is a vital part of the contemporary art network in British Columbia and Canada. RAGA provides the Richmond community and others in the Lower Mainland with opportunities to view and learn about contemporary art and experience art-making activities, including programs for adults, families and children.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
The Richmond Art Gallery Association works in conjunction with the Richmond Art Gallery by means of contract with the City of Richmond. RAGA's work is accomplished via fundraising and friend-raising (membership) for the Gallery. We are not the governing board of the Richmond Art Gallery, nor do we have a curatorial role, but we are active in raising funds for programs and publications, securing memberships, and advocating for the Gallery.
Board Members are responsible to:
• Attend a two hour monthly board meeting on the third Tuesday of each month, 7-9pm at the Richmond Cultural Centre (our meetings run on time and to a maximum of two hours; we value attendance and punctuality).
• Read and respond to communication in a timely manner (generally 48 hours max).
• Attend the Gallery’s openings and events to represent RAGA (the Association) and to assist Gallery staff (we encourage board members to attend as many events as possible and we rotate attendance).
• There is committee work and individual tasks to be accomplished from month to month. We are conscientious about sharing the workload.
• Attend the Annual General Meeting.
• Fundraising and Friend-raising skills: being connected to the community at large and willing to advocate for the work of the Association and the Gallery
• Knowledgeable about governance
• Organization skills
• Ability to work in a collegial and cooperative manner
• Prior board experience is an asset
• Non-profit financial expertise desirable
How to Apply:
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to:
Mila Kostic – President, Richmond Art Gallery Association, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: Rachel Lafo – Director, Richmond Art Gallery, email@example.com