Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art
The Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art is located on Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver, is home to the acclaimed Artists for Kids Teaching Collection, and is dedicated to sharing the work of great Canadian Artists with people of all ages -- with an emphasis on young audiences.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
The Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art is seeking friendly, outgoing individuals with exceptional customer service skills to provide front line greeting to our patrons. Our volunteers create a welcoming environment, engaging the public with art in meaningful ways, while overseeing the safety of the exhibition. Applicants should be reliable, possess an appreciation for the arts, and a willingness to learn. Volunteers receive ongoing training and are expected to remain well-versed in the exhibitions, activities, programs, and events.
Participation in the program requires a minimum of 2.5 hour shift per week and a 2 year commitment. We currently have volunteer opportunities for gallery attendants, docents (guided tours of the exhibition), gallery event volunteers, installation/de-installation, and a variety of administrative tasks.
• Process gift shop sales, donations, and visitor tracking.
• Provide front line communication regarding The Smith Gallery and its programs.
• Work with other Gordon Smith Gallery staff to facilitate informative visitor services.
• Reconcile cash and credit card sales, as well as other gallery security procedures.
• Represent the Gordon Smith Gallery and the Smith Foundation in a professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willing to learn about exhibitions, activities, programs and events.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and have a keen interest in the arts.
• Detail-oriented with strong customer service skills.
• Familiarity with MS Office or Apple software.
• Comfortable working alone.
• Fluent in English (other language skills is an asset).
• Work experience in an arts and/or cultural environment is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please download our Volunteer Application Form (http://www3.gordonsmithgallery.ca/SmithFoundation/Support/Volunteer/Pages/default.aspx) and return it along with your most recent CV to: Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org