Sep. 30, 2016
At Rumble Theatre we believe in creating a more compassionate world through the communal sharing of stories. We explore our history through commissioning and producing new adaptations of outstanding narratives, we investigate the present moment through producing contemporary plays from the Canadian and world repertoire, and we act as champions of Vancouver’s emerging artists to ensure a vital future. We believe that the theatre can be a place where community is built: a place where we can gather together to gain a deeper understanding of ourselves, and greater empathy for our neighbours.
For over two decades Rumble Theatre has served as a vital member of the Vancouver theatre community. Rumble has initiated and founded unique community events and arts festivals (PuSh International Performing Arts Festival, Tremors Festival, the HIVE series), we have provided crucial development guidance to emerging companies and artists, and we have generated productions of great courage and audacity (Clark and I Somewhere in Connecticut, Snowman, Blackbird, The Last Days of Judas Iscariot). We are co-founders and residents of PL1422, a shared theatre production and administrative space in East Vancouver with Neworld Theatre, Electric Company Theatre, and Boca del Lupo.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Rumble is currently seeking two individuals with a passion for great theatre to serve on our Board of Directors. At this time we are specifically looking for applicants with enthusiasm for organization, knowledge of governance, and strong leadership skills as we are seeking our next Board Chair and Secretary.
• A commitment to the work of Rumble Theatre;
• Willingness to attend and participate in monthly Board meetings;
• Comfort with reviewing monthly and annual financial documents as prepared by our Bookkeeper and our Managing Producer;
• Attendance at our Annual General Meeting, AGMapalooza;
• Serving on our Board Development (Governance) Committee;
• Attendance at special events including productions;
• Annual financial support of Rumble Theatre, at a level that is comfortable to you.
Approx. 5-10 hours per month
As part of our ongoing commitment to create an organization that is representative of our Vancouver, we strongly encourage applications from members of traditionally underrepresented communities.