PuSh International Performing Arts Festival
Dec. 4, 2017
The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival is one of Vancouver’s signature events. Produced over three weeks each January, the PuSh Festival presents groundbreaking work in the live performing arts.
The PuSh Festival expands the horizons of Vancouver artists and audiences with work that is visionary, genre-bending, multi-disciplined, startling and original. The Festival showcases acclaimed international, Canadian and local artists and mixes them together with an alchemy that inspires audiences, rejuvenates artists, stimulates the industry and forges productive relationships around the globe.
The Festival is a broker of international partnerships, a meeting place for creative minds, a showcase of Canada’s best and an incubator of brilliant new work.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Volunteers make the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival a reality! Each year, 150-200 volunteers contribute more than 1,500 hours in many capacities and roles to bring the PuSh Festival to life.
Join the PuSh Festival volunteer family to help spread the love, enjoy new experiences and meet new friends. We have lots of opportunities for people with a variety of schedules, skills, passions and interests.
The upcoming Festival runs January 16, 2018 to February 4, 2018, at various locations across Vancouver.
- Box Office Support
- Club PuSh
- Artist Hospitality
- Artist Transportation
- Special Events (eg. PuSh Assembly: industry talks & workshops)
- a PuSh Festival t-shirt
- one (1) show ticket for every four (4) hours worked *minimum 4 shifts or 16 hours
- access to additional PuSh Festival shows (subject to availability)
- an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- the opportunity to participate in specialized training around accessibility for patrons
- support groundbreaking work in the live performing arts
- Perform your role according to the job description and staff leadership
- Be punctual, friendly and flexible
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation on January 4, 2018
Volunteers must commit to a minimum of four shifts at a minimum of four hours each shift. Each four-hour shift equals one show ticket. So four shifts worked equals four show tickets! *
*tickets are subject to availability per performance
Past volunteers have included:
- theatre artists looking to engage with the performing arts industry
- working professionals who want a unique volunteer experience
- students training in event management, business or the arts
- community members with a passion for the performing arts
How to Apply:
Fill out the application form at:
Deadline to apply: December 4, 2017
We will do our best to accommodate each volunteer's availability and interests.
Melanie Wickes, Volunteer Coordinator