Carousel Theatre for Young People
Dec. 15, 2017
Carousel Theatre Society (CTYP) has been creating acclaimed theatre for young people since our inception in 1976. Each season 40,000 young people, educators and families from across Metro Vancouver visit CTYP on Granville Island to benefit from CTYP’s extensive artistic programming, which includes:
- Season of mainstage programming for young audiences,
- BEE Stage for Theatre for the Very Young for birth to age 3,
- Year-round drama school for young people ages 3-17, and
- Teen Shakespeare Program featuring a cast ages 13-18.
At CTYP, we believe the arts, and specifically theatre, play a key role in a young person’s development. We are passionately committed to inspiring young people to embrace their imaginations and to learn compassion through the stories we tell and the artistic activities we provide.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
CTYP is seeking volunteer ushers for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe performing from November 22-December 31, 2017. Weekday and weekend 3.5-hour shifts are available, and we ask that each volunteer try to sign up for three shifts over the course of the run.
Volunteer ushers greet our audience members, take tickets, sit in on the show to maintain audience safety, and most importantly, welcome thousands of families to a magical day at the theatre!
- Greet and help seat patrons
- Hand out playbills
- Check tickets
- Sit in on the 60-minute show
We are always looking for volunteers who have the following qualities:
- Friendly, outgoing attitudes are a must!
- Responsible and punctual.
- All volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old