Latincouver: Latin American Week and Carnaval del Sol
Latincouver promotes relationships and cultural exchange among Latin Americans and the Canadian mosaic.
Latincouver hosts a month of summer festival events - Latin American Week bursting at the seams - culminating in Carnaval del Sol, the largest Latin American celebration in the Pacific Northwest.
Drawing 55,000 festival-goers per day, Carnaval del Sol features plazas and programming - 250 performers - including music, dance, cooking demo's, a world cup soccer tournament, vibrant kids' plaza, visual artists at work, fashion show, and public participation events from zumba to salsa!
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
The media relations volunteers will support us in raising awareness about Latin American Week events and Carnaval del Sol.
Available PR tasks include:
- researching events listings opportunities
- researching and developing lists of bloggers and beat writers with high reach, for target groups including mommy/parent writers, food writers, fashion writers, art writers and music writers
- submitting to all event listings websites
- brainstorming media opportunities
- blogger / beat writers outreach
- drawing media and bloggers to the June 14 press conference / media launch
- pitching bloggers, online and traditional media, with followup calls for each of the press conference, Latin American Week events, and Carnaval del Sol
- attending team meetings
- working with the social media team
- working shifts leading the Media Tent over the Carnaval del Sol weekend
- tracking media coverage throughout and after festival events
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter indicating your relevant experience and interests and specifying the number of hours per week of availability.
Contact Name: Lisa Mighton
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (778) 888-0780