Vancouver Youth Symphony Orchestra Society
Aug. 31, 2017
The Vancouver Youth Symphony Orchestra has operated in Vancouver for nearly 90 years and we are fully dedicated to the orchestral musical training of youth in the Lower Mainland.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
The Vancouver Youth Symphony Orchestra (“VYSO”) is looking for a volunteer Board Secretary who would further enrich our community of young musicians, faculty, staff and committed volunteers. We are looking for an individual who is passionate and who wants to give back to their community in a meaningful way.
- Commitment to the work of Vancouver Youth Symphony Orchestra (VYSO)
- Management of general correspondence with Board Directors regarding board meetings and board activities
- Attendance at Board meetings – one meeting per month on the second Tuesday, between Sept and June
- Accurate recording of meeting minutes with adherence to approval and distribution practices, as directed by the Board of Directors
- Service as a member of the Board Executive Committee and a signing officer for the organization
- Supervision and responsibility for legal maintenance of board records, archives and the appropriate distribution of materials to members.
- Legal background (an asset)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Board meeting minute experience (an asset)
- Availability and commitment, including time to manage general Board correspondence, written records, prepare and distribute of board minutes, participate in board and committee meetings, attend VYSO key events and play an active role in VYSO initiatives.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email with subject line: Board Secretary to Holly Littleford, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org