Vancouver Fringe Festival
Sep. 4, 2017
As the biggest theatre festival in BC, the Vancouver Fringe Festival is an annual celebration of Theatre for Everyone! In 2017 we’ll feature more than 700 performances by over 90 artists over 11 days from September 7 – 17. The Festival employs an “everyone welcome” selection technique—the Mainstage shows are literally drawn out of a hat, giving all artists a chance to participate. The Vancouver Fringe Festival also features unique site-specific theatre where artists stage their work in the nooks and crannies of Granville Island, as part of the Fringe Onsite Program. Expecting more than 40,000 audience members, we sure need quite a lot of help from our volunteers!
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
From site help to front of house, Vancouver Fringe has a wide variety of volunteer positions. We welcome volunteers from all walks of life and people of all abilities. Whatever you are comfortable with, surely there is a spot in Fringe just for you! For more details about our positions and to apply, please visit http://www.vancouverfringe.com/volunteer/.
- A Fringe T-shirt
- A free pass to see Fringe performances
- Discounted tickets to our Fringe Presents Series
- Snacks and refreshments at the Volunteer Centre
- An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- The chance to support the local theatre and arts community
- A fun, interactive volunteer experience!
Volunteers need to:
1) Attend a training session on Aug 29 or 30 (both 5-9pm).
2) Commit at least 16 hours during the festivals.
3) Confirm their training and shifts that they signed up for with their Team Leader before the festival.
4) Have a blast!
*Volunteers in leadership positions attend an additional training session on Aug 26 and sign up for more hours.
Vancouver Fringe welcomes volunteers from all background and abilities. We have a huge variety of shifts, indoor, outdoor, front of house, backstage, sitting, standing, leadership, administrative, you name it. We will try our best to accommodate to your choices and make the experience work for you!
How to Apply:
To apply, please go to http://www.vancouverfringe.com/volunteer/ and follow the instructions and links given there.
Even better if you can read about different types of volunteer positions before you apply!