Vancouver International Film Festival
Sep. 24, 2017
Founded in 1982, The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society (VIFF) is a not-for-profit cultural organization that operates the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival, the annual Industry Conference and the year-round programming of the Vancity Theatre at The Vancouver International Film Centre.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Reports to: Marketing Coordinator
Duration: September 29 - October 14, 2016 (Part-time. Must be available to work nights and weekends.)
Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator, the Volunteer Photography Team Member is responsible for procuring and managing VIFF’s photo needs.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Photographing special events and galas.
- Photographing Q + A sessions.
- General Festival photography.
- Compiling photographs for marketing, sponsorship and overall festival print and on-line needs.
- All potential candidates must have their own camera equipment (10+mp, digital SLR with off-board diffused flash).
- Functional knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom or other photo editing software is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional ability to manage details, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor around filmmaking guests of the Festival.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Must be able to demonstrate
- (a) excellent photographic skills and technique;
- (b) exceptional ability to manage details, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines; and
- (c) professionalism and courtesy around filmmaking guests of the Festival.
- Reliability, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant previous work experience an asset.
How to Apply:
Fill out form for Photography Lead Volunteer at: www.viff.org/Online/volunteer
Contact Name: Daniel Lins
Contact Email Address: email@example.com