Vancouver Chamber Choir
The Vancouver Chamber Choir is a professional vocal ensemble. With conductor Jon Washburn, the Choir has performed in Canada and internationally since 1971. The Choir presents a full concert season, tours, performs in broadcasts and recordings, and offers five highly acclaimed educational programs. Concerts can include music from chant to folksong, traditional to avant garde, a cappella to orchestra or jazz trio.
Most of our concerts are performed at Dunbar Ryerson United Church in Kerrisdale. Two are performed at the Orpheum this season and two at Christ Church Cathedral – both downtown venues.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
If you wish to be part of the choral world and learn more about composers and music, we would love to work together!
Our volunteers enjoy:
- complimentary tickets to performances
- special perks throughout the season, such as reception invitations and Christmas treats
- an opportunity to hear world class music
- satisfaction in contributing to the community, specifically the arts and choral worlds
- meeting people with similar interests
- learning new skills or developing new areas of interest
- the opportunity to learn more about composers and music
- being one of the first people to hear new musical works
Front of house assistant positions include greeting audience members, taking tickets, giving programs, selling CDs and selling tickets.
Volunteers are expected to:
- dress neatly and communicate openly
- be friendly, welcoming, reliable, and punctual team players at all times
- be able to attend evening concerts at Dunbar Ryerson United Church (DRUC) in Kerrisdale on time, usually at 6:30pm. Most of our needs are at DRUC, though two concerts are at the Orpheum and two are at Christ Church Cathedral this season
- have an interest in arts and culture
- possibly have special event experience - this is an asset, but not required
How to Apply:
We look forward to hearing from you soon as we launch our season on Sept 22! Please email us and explain:
- why you are interested in volunteering with the Vancouver Chamber Choir
- which other volunteer events you may have attended
- and which front of house activities appeal to you most.