Indian Summer Arts Society
Oct. 15, 2017
Indian Summer Arts Society (ISAS) is a Vancouver-based not-for-profit secular arts organization and registered charity.
Our Vision is for an inclusive, diverse, culturally-rich society
Every July, for 10 days, Indian Summer hosts dozens of free and ticketed thought provoking events throughout Downtown Vancouver featuring music, literature, visual arts, film, cuisine, and more! Now in our seventh year, Indian Summer is rare and necessary arts festival where worlds meet. Our vision is for an inclusive, diverse and culturally-rich society.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
We are looking for a new board member with a business law background. Play a key role in shaping ISF as we continue to grow and evolve. As a member of the Board of Directors, your experience, professional expertise, and passion will allow our Society to reach the next level of operation.
In exchange for volunteering with us you will be provided with an opportunity to meet new people, develop leadership and communication skills, expand your professional network, complementary tickets to festival events and have a positive impact in your community.
The required commitment for the Director position are as follows:
- The ability to serve for a minimum of two (2) years, starting in November 2017
- Attend monthly board meetings in person
- Serve on the Board and one or more of its sub-committees
- Represent and advocate for ISF
The Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Charity and not-for-profit law
- Employment Law
- Contract Law
- Business Law
- Constitutions, bylaws, societies act
- A strong commitment to ISF’s Mission, Vision, and Values and a demonstrated passion for the arts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Professional experience in law
- Previous not-for-profit board experience is an asset
- Ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
How to Apply:
Please submit an application letter and your resume/CV by October 15, 2017 via email to email@example.com with the subject “Call for Nominations – Board Member with Law Background”. Application letters and resumes can also be delivered in person to Indian Summer Arts Society #201 – 1880 Fir St, Vancouver BC, V6J 3B1
In the application letter please include your motivations for becoming a member of the Board of Directors of Indian Summer Arts Society.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee. Interviews will be scheduled from October 16 to 20, 2017.
- Successful candidates will be invited to stand for nomination by the membership at the Annual General Meeting on October 24, 2017 .
Contact Name: Ayme Sharma
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org