The Post at 750
The Post at 750 is a cultural amenity space managed and governed by the 110 Arts Cooperative, which was formed in September 2014 by the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival Society, the Touchstone Theatre Society, Music on Main Society and The Documentary Media Society (producers of the annual DOXA Documentary Film Festival.
The facility houses the core tenants in an enterprising endeavour to address their common and long-standing administrative/producing needs. It provides a home for the four founders and the broader artistic community – the fifth tenant, as it were.
The space represents much-needed physical resources for the province’s creative ecology, while promoting the merits of artistic incubation and a leadership model for establishing collaborative working environments.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
The Post at 750 is looking for volunteers to help with basic reception/rental duties when the Facility Manager is unavailable (outside of the office and/or in meetings, on sick days, etc).
We are looking for people with flexible availability, who are interested both in providing professional assistance to one of Vancouver’s newest cultural amenity facilities, and in accumulating time that can be used in one of our two fabulous Studios, and/or in our Hot Desk area.
Duties will include:
- answer the entry phone door and greet visitors to the facility
- re-stock bathroom paper products when necessary
- ensure meeting rooms on member side are tidy, lights are off, blinds are up when not in use
- assist renters as needed with Studio issues, such as showing them where to find brooms and mops, how to turn lights on and off, where to find and how to set-up and strike flip-top tables, where to find and how to appropriately stack chairs on dollies, etc.
- ensure appropriate set-up/strike of Studio(s) and report rental issues to Facility Manager.
- pleasant personality
- experience dealing with the public
- ability to multi-task