ArtStarts in Schools
Jan. 31, 2018
Call for Artists Description:
We invite teaching artists working in a variety of disciplines who are interested in working on projects with young people in a classroom setting to apply for the Artists in the Classroom Directory.
The Artists in the Classroom Directory (AICD) provides a list of practicing professional artists working in a variety of disciplines who are interested in working on projects with young people in a classroom setting. The AICD is a useful resource for educators, arts/community presenters, cultural programmers etc. interested in engaging artists with this range of experience. It is also a valuable self-promotion tool for artists looking for these types of opportunities.
Applications now open!
Apply by January 31, 2018 to join the AICD for the 2018-19 school year
Submit profile content, payments and criminal record check by March 15, 2018
This directory will be launched April 27, 2018
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application form which will request the following:
- Artist profile summarizing your background and what inspires you to work in schools
- Description of a recent arts integrated project you led in a classroom and documentation
- Professional artist CV
- Description of art practice
- Art portfolio as a link, images, or document
- Two reference letters: one from an educator who can speak to your classroom experience and one from a peer artist, arts administrator, and/or arts collaborator who can speak to your professional art practice
- Payment of your one-time application fee of $25