Two Rivers Gallery
Mar. 15, 2018
Call for Artists Description:
Two Rivers Gallery is seeking an artist to create a temporary collaborative or interactive artwork with visitors to our 2018 BMO KidzArt Dayz festival.
BMO KidzArt Dayz will take place on July 6 and 7, 2018. This festival is a free two-day celebration of the imagination featuring live entertainment and hands-on art making for kids of all ages. In 2016 and 2017 the festival drew over 10,000 attendees from British Columbia, Alberta and across Canada.
Please visit www.tworiversgallery.ca for more information on the organization and festival.
Who can submit:
Professional Canadian artists working in any media who have prior experience with public engagement projects and / or working with children.
Artwork must be highly accessible for public engagement for up to 2,500 visitors per day. Staff and volunteers will be available for support. Artist must be present for installation of work on July 5 and for the activation of the work on July 6 and 7 from 10am-3pm.
Artwork can be installed in one or more of the following spaces
• indoors Two Rivers Gallery within the atrium programming space
• outdoors on the sculpture court (second floor)
• outdoors within the Canada Games Plaza (tents available)
Photos of spaces available at: http://www.tworiversgallery.ca/experience-art/call-submissions/
Artwork should achieve one or more of the following:
• engage in dialogue or exchange of ideas with participants
• include participants as co-creators of work
• be highly interactive and provide opportunity for active public participation
Two Rivers Gallery will cover the costs of all expendable materials required for public participation up to $1,500.00. If recycled materials are part of the proposal, Two Rivers Gallery will assist in obtaining materials.
Artist will be paid CARCC presentation rates ($536 / day) for the two festival days and CARCC installation rate for installing the work ($271-$453, depending upon installation time required).
Travel and accommodation will also be covered for the artist. Contract will be provided.
How to Apply:
What to submit:
• Brief statement outlining your experience working with public engagement and children
• Bio (max 2 paragraphs)
• Artist Statement (max 2 paragraphs)
• Artist’s CV (max 3 pages)
• Contact information for 3 references who can comment on your work and /or experience with public engagement / children
• Proposal outlining the project you plan to undertake
• List of materials and technical requirements (Max budget $1,500.00)
• Link to your online portfolio and up to 10 images of your work
• Concept sketch
How to submit:
Email your submission to: email@example.com