North Van Arts
Mar. 24, 2019
Call for Artists Description:
North Van Arts is seeking art submissions for a wall calendar of imagery telling the story of the North Shore. Images should be of locations, places or scenes that are recognizably in North Vancouver or West Vancouver.
Paintings, prints or drawings in any media that represent scenes, scenery, people, or locations on the North Shore will be considered. We would like this calendar to tell the ‘North Shore story’, so images may represent locations, buildings, sites, scenes that are no longer in existence, but have contributed to the history and culture of the ‘North Shore’. Please note, the calendar images will be landscape orientation. (Images submitted in portrait format will need to be cropped for inclusion in the calendar.)
The calendar will be sold at various locations throughout the North Shore, with proceeds going towards the North Shore Cultural Mapping Project. This project, spearheaded by North Van Arts, will create an inventory of cultural assets on the North Shore and make all the information available to the public through a free online mapping tool to be launched in spring 2020. The You Are Here calendar will supplement the online map by telling the story of the region through artistically rendered images.
How to Apply:
To submit use the online form at https://northvanarts.ca/events-exhibitions/call-for-submissions-you-are-here-2020-calendar/ .
Submissions must include:
• Only images of paintings, prints or drawings will be considered for this calendar (photography, digital imagery, and graphics will not be considered);
• Digital image (max 5 per artist, up to 1MB each), print quality image will be required for selected work;
• If accepted, original images must be available for exhibition (Aug-Nov 2019 and Jan 2020);
• All images labeled with title, size, and medium;
• A short biography, and brief artist statement related to submitted work;
• Name, mailing address, phone number, website, and email address;
• No jury fees. If any original art sells during the exhibitions, the artist receives 70% of sale.
Contact Name: Michelle Richard
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 988-6844