Oct. 1, 2019
Call for Artists Description:
Upintheair Theatre is now accepting applications for the 2020 rEvolver Festival. rEvolver will be presented in and around the Vancouver East Cultural Centre (The Cultch) May 20 – May 31, 2020. We invite submissions from artistically and culturally diverse companies and artists from across Canada to have their work considered.
How to Apply:
1. Application Form: Fill out all fields of the form and submit.
2. Show Description: Maximum 100 words.
3. Letter of Intent: Give an overview of your proposed project. Include in your letter:
What excites you about this project and why do you think it is appropriate for rEvolver.
Where it stands in its development, what you plan to do, and how you plan to do it.
Detail the nature of your production and the elements that make it up. Demonstrate a clear understanding of how it will work in a festival setting, including outlining required technical elements, storage space requirements, and time required to tech, set up and strike your production.
Touch on what communities or audiences your project speaks to or engages.
Are there outreach or additional activities that might be associated with the show?
Does the work integrate accessibility in any of its production elements? (ie ASL interpretation, low-vision friendly, surtitles, relaxed performances etc
Any other information you believe will be relevant to our understanding your work.
4. Presentation Type: rEvolver considers four lines of programming:
Main Stage – Historic or Culture Lab Theatre.
Site Specific / Non-Traditional – locations in or around the Cultch and neighbourhood.
Small Stage / Cabaret Performance –The Greenhouse or Founders Lounge Cabaret.
Reading – The Greenhouse (Local companies only).
5. Artistic Team - List of Key Artists, Short Bios (max 250 words) and Company History. No resumes.
6. The Show: Submit complete scripts if available, or a suitable excerpt. For non-text-based work, a detailed description should be included. Updraft Readings include an excerpt of the script only.
7. Support Materials (optional): May include reviews of your work or letters of support from professional artists. Support material will not be returned.
8. Promotional Materials (optional): Any available promotional material including but not limited to promotional or production photos, press kit, press release, posters or fliers. For all Updraft Reading Submission please include a headshot of the playwright.
9. Tech Rider (optional): A document outlining the show’s technical needs and specifications
10. Production Video (optional): A link to an online video of the work, work-in-progress or previous works. DVD or USB drives also accepted. Support material will not be returned.
11. $35 Reading Fee: Payable by cheque or money order made out to Up In The Air Theatre Society, or through Paypal via link on the submission web page. (A processing fee will be charged by Paypal). If the submission fee represents a significant barrier to application, please contact the artist liaison to arrange alternative.
In order to save postage and printing costs we encourage that applications, script and support materials are sent in electronic format in .doc or .pdf. All electronic materials should be forwarded to email@example.com with the show name clearly stated in the Subject Line.
Download the full application form
Contact Name: DAVE MOTT
Contact Email: DAVE@UPINTHEAIRTHEATRE.COM
Contact Phone: (604) 649-1559