Place des Arts
Nov. 15, 2019
Call for Artists Description:
Place des Arts, an arts education centre in Maillardville, Coquitlam, is currently accepting proposals for its 2020-2021 exhibitions season. Deadline for submissions to the jury is Friday, November 15, 2019. All artists will be notified of the status of their application by January 2020; all decisions of the jury are final.
Place des Arts is seeking artists to exhibit in its three public exhibition spaces: The Atrium, the Leonore Peyton Salon (LPS) and the Mezzanine during our 2020-2021 exhibition season. Exhibitions at Place des Arts change monthly and provide exposure for local artists.
Artists meeting the criteria below are eligible to exhibit and sell their work:
• Local emerging artists*: an artist or group of artists living in the Lower Mainland and not represented by a professional gallery, has a small history of presentation, is looking for support and resources to build their practice and is committed to devoting more time to artistic activity.
• Local community art groups*: a non-profit society registered with the province of British Columbia or an association that provides regular opportunities and resources for artists to develop their skills and techniques
*Current exhibiting artists at Place des Arts are not eligible to apply for the 2020/2021 exhibition season (i.e., artists who are scheduled to exhibit at Place des Arts between September 2019 – May 2020).
Artworks must meet the following criteria:
Place des Arts welcomes submissions in two-dimensional and three-dimensional mediums including
fibre arts, sculpture, ceramics, painting, photography, printmaking, digital art, mixed media and drawing.
All artwork(s) must:
• Be unique and original and made by the artist(s)
• Be created within the past two (2) years (i.e., dated 2017 or later)
• Not have been previously exhibited at Place des Arts
• Be ready to hang and/or display
Place des Arts’ exhibitions are open to the public 7 days a week and are a popular destination with local residents and visitors alike. Place des Arts regularly hosts over 100,000 visitors per year. A full promotional campaign is devoted to each exhibition series.
As Place des Arts is also a teaching arts centre, exhibiting artists are encouraged to offer talks and / or demonstrations during their exhibitions.
How to Apply:
View complete guidelines and submit the application form at placedesarts.ca under Call for Artists. For more information, interested artists may contact Place des Arts’ Exhibitions Programmer by phone at 604.664.1636 ext 32 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Name: Kim Correia
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 664-1636