Affordable, accessible human resources advice is available through our shared subscription model.
The BC Alliance’s Group HR Services, offered through a partnership with Crowflight Consulting Services, provides affordable, accessible human resources advice to our members.
It’s rare for non-profits with fewer than 25 employees to have an experienced human resources advisor on staff or on their board. Typically the already-busy executive director must handle a range of employee issues as they arise.
- Do you need to determine if your current employee policies are compliant with provincial legislation?
- Could you use guidance with developing your organization’s overall policies and procedures?
- Are you concerned about your liability with any contractors you have on staff? What if they are deemed employees by Canada Revenue Agency?
- What are the best practices in recruiting and retaining staff?
- Do you need support around a labour relations issue?
When resolving these types of issues is complicated by possible legal issues, or setting unwanted precedents, it can be highly useful to consult a human resources expert.
Generally HR consultants charge $80-100 hourly, and even a short consultation can take a few hours; such costs can be prohibitive to small non-profits.
Through the BC Alliance’s Group HR Services, small organizations can access consulting services at an affordable group subscription rate.
Our partners at Crowflight Consulting can help you focus on getting the right people for your organization, managing your team, and constructing an HR management framework that suits your specific needs.
GET ADVICE IN THE AREAS OF:
- Performance Management
- Legal Compliance
- Job Descriptions
- HR Policies and Benefits
- Engagement and Retention
- Employee Recognition
- Compensation and Benefits
INCLUDED VALUE ADDED SERVICES
- Complete an HR Audit Questionnaire and have your HR policies reviewed by an expert to determine if there are gaps or problem areas;
- Based on the HR Audit, Crowflight Consulting can set up a schedule so you can address those issues and ensure your HR regime is compliant with legislation and in alignment with best practices;
- Access a Knowledge Base of downloadable files related to HR;
- View webinars on topical HR issues.
Where possible, Crowflight Consulting will find you a low or no-cost subject matter expert in the following areas and put you in touch to build your own network and business relationships.
- Legal Advice and Counsel
- Accounting and Taxation
- Organizational Design and Development
- Information Technology
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Member organizations can access HR consulting services through a shared subscription model managed by the BC Alliance. Similar to the way that a group health benefits program works, the cost to access services is made more affordable to you as a share of a larger overall group.
When you’re in need of assistance, connect by phone or email with a team of experienced HR professionals who are available to offer advice on issues within their wide scope of experience. If you’re not sure what is and isn’t working for your organization, a consultant can help evaluate your human resources practices and advise you of the risks you’re facing and where to focus your efforts.
Annual subscription rates range from $750-2,400 per year. Click below to complete a short form and request a quote based on the size of your organization and your staffing composition. We'll get back to you within two business days.