Indian Summer Arts Society
Feb. 25, 2018
Indian Summer is a Vancouver-based non-profit arts society. Founded in 2011, we produce the annual multi-arts festival, Indian Summer, as well as program year-round events that aim to normalize diversity both on and off stage.
ISAS provides and encourages equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and any other classification protected by law.
- Seasonal position (approx. March-August / 25-30 hrs/week)
- Reporting to the Communications Manager
Coordinates with the Communications Manager and senior staff on all print/digital media and marketing strategies for Indian Summer Arts Society and Indian Summer Festival.
Assists in analyzing project objectives and determines graphic and production requirements. Creates graphic designs, including but not limited to digital illustrations and typography for visual communications media. Designs print materials and promotional materials to advertise and promote the events associated with Indian Summer Arts Society, with major duties focused with the Indian Summer Festival in July (banners, brochures, postcards, posters, signage, online graphic images, custom promotional items, etc.). Helps establish and maintain brand consistency on the ISAS website.
- Designs print materials and promotional materials to advertise and promote programs and events (banners, brochures, postcards, posters, etc.).
- Designs promotional materials (logos, signage, custom promotional products—water bottles, phone cases, pens, buttons, stickers, t-shirts, etc.).
- Edits photos for use in print and web materials.
- Maintains a quality working relationship with outside vendors and printers
- Provides creative and stylistic direction for projects.
- Proofs all creative materials for quality and brand consistency.
- Assists with web developers to maintain the look and feel of the ISAS brand.
- Formats images and/or content to promote programs and events.
- Assists as needed any updates for technology, design library and training materials.
- Assists as needed the workflow of all design jobs.
- Produces marketing and communications campaigns that adhere to the ISAS brands, ensuring/enforcing proper usage by interns and community partners
- Participates in developing solutions to decrease the print production budget as needed.
- Manages multiple jobs from concept through completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fine arts, graphic design, marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- 2 years of professional related experience or combination of education and training.
- Excellent oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exemplary proofreading.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing.
- Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded, and embodies providing excellent customer service initiative.
- Excellent multitasking abilities and able to interact with various departments.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, namely Word & PowerPoint.
- Proficient with a Mac platform.
- Sense of humour, a cool head and problem solving skills a must.
- Must enjoy the company of artists, be at ease with, and respectful of a diverse range of people.
- Comfortability and understanding of creating design assets across social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience working with a professional printer.
- Experience with email distribution systems such as Emma, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Familiarity with web and/or video software such as Dreamweaver, After Effects or Final Cut Pro.
- Familiarity using web content management systems.
- Experience with arts festival a plus
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Justin Neal at: communications(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the position in the title, explaining why you're the perfect addition to our team.
$16-21/hr (based on experience and subject to government funding)