Place des Arts
Place des Arts provides quality arts education in the visual and performing arts for all ages and skill levels. We offer a friendly, non-competitive environment where students are encouraged to learn and to develop an appreciation for the arts.
Place des Arts is seeking a Creative Writing and Illustration Instructor for programs starting April 2018. Applicants must be qualified and have experience teaching children and teens.
Applicants must be available to teach classes on Mondays from 4:00 to 7:15pm and Tuesdays from 3:45 to 5:15pm.
• A bachelor’s degree in literary arts and/or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of 2-years teaching experience working with children and teens of various skill levels
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
• Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
• Highly responsible and punctual
• Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
How to Apply:
All submissions should include the following information:
1. Name, address and telephone number (e-mail address if available)
2. Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience
3. Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
Instructors are contracted to a self-employment agreement. Place des Arts coordinates studio space, scheduling, registration and program promotions. All Place des Arts instructors must obtain and provide a Police Information Check prior to teaching at Place des Arts.
Please visit our website http://www.placedesarts.ca for general information regarding the centre.
Send your application c/o Jessie Au, Fine & Performing Arts Programmer. The position is open until filled.
Mail: 1120 Brunette Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2
$25-$64 per hour