Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy.
We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Development Associate implements strategies for the growth of Gateway Theatre’s public and private sector revenue through grants, donations, and sponsorships.
Hours of work are office hours with occasional evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Development Manager and working closely with the Artistic and Executive Directors, the Development Associate will:
- Research and prepare foundation and public sector grant applications
- Co-ordinate Individual Giving activities including annual acquisition and renewal campaigns, timely delivery of thank you letters, tax receipts and donor benefits, and maintaining accurate records
- Play a role in managing Gateway’s corporate sponsor and donor relationships including researching potential corporate partners, preparing proposals, writing solicitation materials and delivering sponsor and donor benefits.
- Co-ordinate all events related to the Development Department in conjunction with the Audience Services Supervisor
- 1-3 years fundraising experience in a non-profit organization environment
- Proven successful grant and proposal writing experience, ideally in an arts environment.
- Experience with Theatre Manager or other CRM database software
- A genuine enthusiasm for live theatre
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the local arts and culture community is an asset
- Chinese language skills are an asset
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Marla Penner email@example.com.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted
$38K-$40K annually plus a competitive benefits package.