Graham Montessori School
Feb. 28, 2018
Graham Montessori School has a reputation for excellence within the communities of New Westminster and Burnaby. Our school has four locations and we offer Preschool, Daycare, Kindergarten, and Out of School Care programs.
We are seeking an Out of School Care Teacher to join our team. In this role, you will provide education and care for children between the ages of 5 and 12 years old at John Knox Christian School located in Burnaby, BC. Our school runs this program on-site for John Knox students only.
- Provide a safe and caring environment for all children;
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and tutorial services for children in Math and English;
- Lead daily operations, guide and support other teachers in the classroom;
- Attend to children's physical needs as promptly as possible;
- Discuss the program's daily events and child's progress with their parents/guardians;
- Organize classroom space, equipment and materials before and after activities;
- Prepare materials and assist children to use them;
- Develop strong relationships and communication with children, families and colleagues; and
- Implement high standards of care and supervision that promote the well being of all children.
- Proven prior experience working with children;
- Responsible Adult certification or equivalent (i.e. previously completed college/university coursework on the care/development of young children);
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Valid First Aid Certificate an asset;
- Proof of medical (mental and physical health) clearance to work with children;
- Must have a positive, friendly outlook, and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team;
- A creative thinker and hard-worker; and
- Good work ethic, flexible, and able to follow the school's philosophy and regulations.
How to Apply:
For all interested applicants, please submit your resume to Graham Montessori School, ATTN: Ms. Olga or Ms. Natalie: email@example.com.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience, $18.00-$20.00 per hour.