The ACT Arts Centre (The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council)
The ACT Arts Centre (The ACT), centered in the heart of the scenic, mountain-ringed community of Maple Ridge, is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the 486-seat theatre and studios are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an impressive array of diverse arts and cultural programming and activities to over 70,000 patrons annually.
The Manager, Marketing, Communications and Brand (MMCB) joins a dynamic, energetic and creative professional administrative team, with the responsibility of providing leadership in all areas of Marketing and Sales, Communications, and Brand Strategy, to promote the mission and services of The ACT Arts Centre to current and potential consumers and stakeholders.
This MMCB is responsible for all strategic and tactical elements of the marketing and sales efforts of The ACT Arts Centre, including developing and implementing new strategies for revenue and audience growth, creating and executing an annual marketing plan, stewarding the organization’s digital presence and online marketing strategies, and ensuring all marketing and sales objectives are met.
The MMCB oversees and directs online presence, social media, print, radio, television, and other digital platforms in addition to overseeing direct mail and e-mail campaigns.
The position participates in programming meetings with the Executive Director, Business Manager and Program Managers; is accountable to revenue targets and marketing budgets, working closely with the Business Manager; and works collaboratively with the Executive Director and development staff in supporting contributed revenue and donor and sponsor participation efforts.
The MMCB also leads public and media relations and promotions in support of the strategic goals of the organization. S/he recommends pricing strategies and supervises relationships with any design/branding, ticketing, and client services.
This position is responsible for managing and developing the current and future team of support staff in the areas of Marketing and Sales, Communications and Brand Management.
Marketing/Brand Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and executing an annual marketing plan, including digital and social media strategies, based on data and analysis of economic trends, consumer behaviours and demographic characteristics of current consumers and likely consumers of The ACT Arts Centre’s programs and services.
- Oversight of creative production, copy and distribution of all communications pieces in both print and digital formats, including season brochure, fundraising materials and other key marketing collateral.
- Plans and oversees every aspect of marketing/ticket sales campaigns and strategies for approximately thirty-five ticketed events, including the subscription season, single ticket sales, special events, and outreach performances to achieve participation and revenue goals established in the budget and Strategic Plan.
- Develops and executes targeted sales and marketing plans for specific market segments and for new market segments to increase subscription and single tickets sales.
- Develops pricing recommendations, ticket sales revenue forecasts and marketing expense budgets in conjunction with the Executive Director and Business Manager for purposes of budget development.
- Develops and leads The ACT Arts Centre’s customer service presence, working with and managing the Ticket Centre Manager to provide excellence in customer service including addressing complaints and accolades.
- Ensures effective brand development following strategy guidelines and clear brand messages to be communicated across all marketing and communications campaigns.
- Maintains overall responsibility and accountability for ensuring outcomes are achieved and reported, ensuring that the marketing strategy is line with project requirements
- Oversees website, social media, and digital content to achieve marketing, customer relationship and strategic communications goals.
- Creates and compiles reports including stakeholder audit, ticket sales, participation analysis, customer survey data, and review and analysis of patron experiences.
- Hires, supervises, supports and provides performance feedback for all department staff.
- Develops, monitors, and administers department budget, work plans, and reports.
- Develops and executes department strategic plans
- Acts as the liaison for board committees as assigned and develops procedures, and strategic plans for these groups.
- Acts as an Arts and Culture representative on various community and municipal taskforces and committees as may be assigned.
- Ensures that policy and procedures in Marketing, Sales, Communication, and Brand Management are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Works with the Executive Director to promote the organization to government stakeholders and other community partners.
- Ensures consistency in all organization communications.
- Provides strategic communication direction for art programs, special events, and other programming related areas.
- Oversees public and media relations efforts and relationships, including identifying and communicating stories and narratives to all media sectors.
- Develops and maintains public relations activities including positive and effective relationships with media; create and distribute media materials in the promotion of artists, ACT Arts Centre programs and milestones supporting the development of media campaigns and conducting media relations by communicating vision, trends and current issues, events and programs.
- Works collaboratively with peers across the organization to set strategy, looking for synergies across functions.
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive marketing, sales and or communications management experience, preferably within the Arts and Culture sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication, leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience managing a team of staff.
- Creativity and entrepreneurial drive.
- Proven track record in achieving sales and marketing goals.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to help drive projects to completion and multi-task in an environment with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to use good judgment take initiative and make recommendations in resolving problems and provide guidance to staff.
- Other Skills: Collaborative, Results- driven, Resourceful, Observant, Intuitive, Proactive, Self-starter, Thrives in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, CV, and three professional references to email@example.com
Salary range: $60,000-$65,000 annually, based on skills and experience; extended health benefits; RRSP matching contribution.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org