Revelstoke Arts Council
Jan. 7, 2019
The Revelstoke Arts Council (RAC) is the leading arts organization in Revelstoke, responsible for presenting high quality cultural programming through the annual summer street festival and a diverse and eclectic film and performance series. We also manage the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre on behalf of the community in partnership with School District #19. We partner with other organizations in the community in the delivery of various arts and culture projects.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Artistic & Executive Director (AED) is responsible for executing the overall vision and management of the organization. The AED steers the organization by identifying and ensuring the achievement of both short and long-term artistic and organizational strategic goals and priorities. The AED oversees artistic programming and planning, while ensuring the continued vitality, excellence, profile and financial viability of the organization.
• Artistic programming, planning and innovation;
• Management and administration of a non-profit, charitable organization
• Financial management including budgetary forecasts and accurate reporting on operating revenues and expenditures;
• Fundraiser, seeking out/applying for grants and directing fundraising initiatives;
• Liaison with the City of Revelstoke and the School District;
• Management of the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre;
• Management of staff (currently one part-time position), contractors and volunteers, creating a collaborative working environment;
• Lead effective advertising and marketing campaigns and work closely with designers to develop appealing marketing materials;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of membership goals, objectives and plans;
• Foster healthy relations with artists, public and private funders, donors, sponsors, and other key stakeholders;
• Act as spokesperson for RAC and a leader in the arts community in Revelstoke and beyond.
• Higher Education qualification from a recognised institution;
• 3 years experience in a management role;
• 3 years experience working in a cultural capacity;
• Advanced project management experience.
• Highly organised with strong administrative and financial management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including effective grant and report writing;
• Acute attention to detail particularly around branding, marketing and advertising;
• Knowledge of theatre management and operations;
• Ability to adapt to an on-demand work environment that requires flexibility and versatility, including working evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Should you be interested in learning more about this unique leadership opportunity, please forward your resume, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for two referees, in confidence, to the email address below.
Attn: Kathy Siemens
This is a salaried position: $25.00/hour for an average of 25 hours/week. Further hours and/or remuneration are possible depending on ability to raise funds to cover such expense.
Contact Name: Kathy Siemens
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (778) 363-0580