Murray Paterson Marketing Group (MPMG)
Mar. 6, 2018
Murray Paterson Marketing Group (MPMG) is an award-winning agency of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts + creative industries. We are a collective of bright minds who thrive on turning insights into opportunities and ideas into audience engagement.
With offices in Vancouver and Toronto, MPMG provides innovative marketing + communications services for cultural institutions including the Museum of Anthropology, PuSh Festival, Eastside Culture Crawl, the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Show One Productions, Citadel + Compagnie, Bard on the Beach, and many more.
MPMG has been recognized by Business in Vancouver as one of BC's top agencies (2015 to 2017); by the Georgia Straight as a 2015 & 2016 & 2017 'Best of Vancouver' winner; and by the BC American Marketing Association '2015 Marketing Excellence Awards' for the agency's particular strengths in innovative, full service marketing and communications.
MPMG is seeking an experienced Publicist to join our Vancouver team. This position will see the successful candidate working with and reporting to an MPMG Account Manager. The candidate will be required to assume responsibility for a wide range of media relations tasks, pitching multiple campaigns under tight timelines. This is a demanding role that will require a highly efficient, detail-oriented individual who has strong relationships with media throughout the Lower Mainland, and who can work independently in a fast-paced agency environment.
As a full-service marketing agency, this position will also assist in the daily management of accounts for a wide variety of arts organizations across the country, fostering strong relationships built on trust with clients and internal teams. The candidate will provide consistent high level client relations to raise organizational profiles, increase ticket sales, and achieve client goals by providing efficient, strategic communications services.
This is a full-time salaried position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Represent MPMG in a professional and confident manner in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Support the workflow of MPMG Account Managers
- Develop, implement and oversee multiple high-level media relations campaigns for MPMG clients
- Identify various story leads within each campaign and craft accompanying pitches for individual journalists
- Write communications copy, including press releases, event listings, show descriptions, and client correspondence
- Secure interviews, reviews, and coverage for clients across a wide variety of outlets
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients, and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Establish innovative cross-promotions and partnerships with local businesses and arts organizations to connect clients with audiences in unique, unexpected ways
- Utilize online databases and event listing engines to raise awareness for upcoming client productions
- Provide Media Monitoring and ongoing maintenance of Coverage Trackers for MPMG clients
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze issues and innovatively solve complex problems independently
- Maintain a close working relationship with the MPMG team
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Arts Management or related field
- 2+ years of recent experience working in a publicist role or agency environment with proven success executing successful media relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with media throughout the Lower Mainland (and in Toronto - an asset)
- Business acumen achieved through previous experience in a fast-paced professional marketing + communications services environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Photoshop
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter attention to: email@example.com no later than March 6, 2018. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary range based on experience: $38,000 to $42,000 annually.
Full Benefits Package (health/dental/vision)