Arts Council of New Westminster
Apr. 9, 2018
Founded in 1967, the Arts Council of New Westminster (ACNW) is a non-profit organization committed to a mission of bringing the arts to the centre of community life. We accomplish our mission through initiatives that focus on arts programming in the community, arts advocacy, and programs that nurture and support our local artists and arts organizations.
The New West Cultural Crawl Coordinator will be responsible for full program delivery. This position will coordinate, administer, and promote the New West Cultural Crawl, which takes place on August 10/11/12, 2018, with the aid of volunteers and potential staff support as available.
Timeline: May 7, 2018 to August 24, 2018, Monday to Friday; however, a flexible week may be necessary in order to meet programming needs.
Please note that the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the approval of the grant application submitted to the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be considered for this position, students must be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment, registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year, intend to return to school on a full-time basis next year, is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
• Participating in the facilitation and the coordination of New West Cultural Crawl, a free two-day summer arts and culture series throughout New Westminster
• Building long term connections and partnerships with the artists, the arts community, local businesses and service organizations.
• Monitoring and revising organizational structure model, positions, and tasks
• Facilitating volunteer involvement
• Helping plan and facilitate meetings, taking minutes, email meeting notifications
• Volunteer coordination and mediation: Pre-Festival and weekly coordination and scheduling of volunteers as well as assigning and oversight of regular duties
• Collection of data (including attendance records, sales figures, donations, etc)
• Tracking goals, progress, and deadlines
• Onsite day of support
• An interest in and/or knowledge of Event Management and Promotions
• Completion of one year of post-secondary education
• Computer literacy, experience with multiple social media platforms
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Information gathering and information monitoring
• High degree of self-motivation and creative problem solving
• Culturally aware and a love for the Arts
• Available to work weekends and evenings
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com before 5:00pm on April 9, 2018.
Include “NW Cultural Crawl Coordinator – Application” as the subject of your email.
Remuneration: $14.00 per hour, 40 hrs per week