Moberly Arts and Cultural Centre
Apr. 6, 2018
Moberly is a community cultural hub located in South East Vancouver at 60th and Prince Albert. It is a dedicated facility for the development and delivery of the arts in everyday life: an objective aligned with the mandate and vision in the Vancouver Board of Parks, Recreation and Culture’s Arts Policy.
Opening individuals to an art experience is an integral part of any healthy, inclusive community. MACC works with artists to empower community to be creative through all arts disciplines. At MACC, we are excited to support projects that focus on nurturing the creative voices of all participants; building on their personal experiences and backgrounds to realize a collaborative creative outcome.
Are you an energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individual with a passion for the arts and working with children? Apply to plan, lead and run the Moberly Arts & Cultural Centre Summer Day Camp programs for children ages 6 to 12 years.
• Under the direction of the Creative Remix Day Camp Supervisor, facilitate camp programs for children ages 6 to 12 years
• Work with the other Creative Remix Day Camp Leaders and assist the Supervisor to develop weekly themes and to plan and implement age-appropriate activities (eg. arts & crafts, games, out trips) in accordance with the artistic themes
• Assist with preparations for weekly art workshops with professional artists to deliver a variety of cultural, artistic and participatory activities.
• Encourage physical and mental fitness through exposure to a wide range of cultural, artistic and recreational activities
• Work with a group of peers to deliver a safe, fun, creative environment for day camp participants each and every day
• Assist in the direct supervision and mentorship of high school student leaders and volunteers
• Build positive relationships with participants, parents, guardians, co-workers and the community through active participation in program activities
• Liaise & communicate with parents who have questions/concerns regarding the program and working with the Creative Remix Day Camp Supervisor to resolve any issues
• Experience working in a Day Camp setting as a leader
• Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities & out trips for children ages 6 to 12 years
• Experience working in the arts and/or training in an arts discipline with a passion for artistic endeavors
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills with children & adults
• Valid first aid and CPR certification is mandatory
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
• Minimum one year college or university education in a related field.
• Applicant must be a full time student (2017-2018) with the intention of returning to school full-time in 2018-2019
How to Apply:
Deadline: Applications are due no later than Friday, April 6, 2018
Please submit 1 document with your Cover Letter and Resume via email to:
Amanda Lye, Program Assistant III
In the subject line, please list the position title you are applying for:
“Creative Remix Camp Leader”
$13-15 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits (post-secondary school student)