Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Mar. 20, 2018
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the village of Steveston, is a living monument to the individuals involved in Canada’s West Coast fishing industry. It is now a Parks Canada national historic site operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, an independent, non-profit society and registered charity. The site is open to the public year-round and welcomes over 56,000 visitors each year.
We are currently seeking outgoing individuals to join our front-line Heritage Interpreter team, dedicated to providing exemplary customer service in presenting the site and its history to our visitors.
This is a permanent, part-time position beginning mid-April with full-time from May to end of August. Must be available to work weekdays and holidays.
Reporting to the Marketing & Visitor Services Manager, and working with the Audience Engagement Manager, responsibilities include:
• Delivering site tours and educational programs
• Performing front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor inquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store retail transactions
• Assist with special event activities as required
• Excellent customer service skills; public speaking experience an asset
• Previous experience working with children an asset
• Ability to work independently and to multi-task
• Ability to work as an effective team member
• Fluency in English is required; fluency in French an asset
• A criminal record check is required
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Mimi Horita, Marketing & Visitor Services Manager
Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society
12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond, BC V7E 3J1
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Starting wage is $14 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacations.
Contact Name: Mimi Horita
Contact Email: email@example.com