Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra
Apr. 15, 2018
The Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra’s mission is to act as a forum for the creation of a new musical art form, one in which all of Canada’s resident cultures can take part. Through composition, performance and educational outreach to both music professionals and the general public, the VICO serves as a voice for Canadian composers and musicians of diverse backgrounds, and fosters the creation of musical works that fuse and transcend cultural traditions.
The VICO is seeking a Financial Management Assistant who will assist the Financial Manager in the day-to-day operations.
- Communicate important and necessary information to the team
- Manage and execute daily banking transactions (including payroll). Keep up-to-date CADAC records, as well as other balances
- Assist in the annual filings, and maintain electronic files and folders
- Assist in creating final budgets for grant projects
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Professional individual with the ability to perform work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work with team members
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Experience or familiarity with basic accounting concepts
- Knowledge of not-for-profit organizational structures
- Proficient in MS Products
- Willingness to learn new systems and applications
- High quality administrative/organization skills: strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with music terminology, and music production considered an asset
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: email@example.com subject line “Financial Management Assistant”
Part-time: $22 / hour; approximately 10-15 hours per month (upwards of 25hrs in high season).
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org