Heartichoke Arts is the production company of Shirley Gnome, an internationally acclaimed and multi-award winning cabaret/comedy musician and songwriter.
Beginning in 2012, Shirley Gnome has written and toured her one-woman shows through Canada, the US, the UK, New Zealand, and Australia. The songs are country/folk/pop music typified by sex positive content, subversive satire, and gorgeous musicality juxtaposed with unspoken truths about human nature and society. With roots in comedy, theatre, music, improv, and burlesque, these multidisciplinary performances take the audience on a wild and unhinged romp through social morays, with a lot of sequins and a heavy serving of sexual empowerment.
Heartichoke Arts (Shirley Gnome) seeks a part-time arts administrator and grand writer to partner with our General Manager Ashley Slater. An ongoing employment opportunity of 5-10 hours per week, this role is a critical member of the company and provides administrative support for an artist that creates, produces, and tours extensively and internationally.
In collaboration with the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for grant research, grant writing, showcase applications, festival applications, website updates (show calendar), and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- experience/knowledge in the field of arts administration (music, comedy, and theatre)
- grant writing/grant research expertise (familiarity with the Canada Council portal, knowledge of differing vocabularies for various funding bodies)
- familiarity with online application forms (music festivals, comedy festivals)
- self-motivated, internet savvy, and flexible with availability during the week
- committed to seek and recognise the diversity of programming available to a multi-disciplinary act (advocacy skills, ability to pitch/follow up)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- High professional standards with acute attention to details
- Exceptional communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Professional/competitive rates, depending on experience ($15-$30 per hour). Please include your salary expectations.