Arts Club Theatre Company
May 31, 2018
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Technical Director for the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage. This person shall be responsible for all aspects of production at that venue and oversees staff that operates under the IATSE Collective agreement.
This position will start on or around August 1, 2018.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with Stage Managers, Designers, the Pre-Production Manager , and Director of Production
- Develop technical concepts, equipment needs, staff requirements and schedules for the individual shows
- Hire and supervise production staff in all related areas; provide direction, training, support and evaluation
- Evaluate practicality of concepts, create and modify CAD drawings, solve technical and artistic problems, prepare estimates and monitor spending within the assigned budgets
- Source and procure tools, equipment and materials focusing on financial and operational efficiency
- Supervision of load ins and load outs for the Stanley Theatre
- Ensures a safe working environment for the crew and artists on stage and backstage.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment
- Make recommendations regarding capital purchases
- Assist with Arts Club touring shows
- Assist the Facilities Manager when required
- Assist with supervision of the scenery & costume shop facility and other stages when required
- Assist with the supervision of facilities rentals
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a professional production company with a counterweight fly house
- Extensive knowledge of stagecraft, theatre production and scenic construction, rigging, lighting, sound, video and automation
The successful applicant will have a post-secondary degree in the technical theatre/production field and proven knowledge of relevant computer programs, including show control (ETC Ion, Qlab, Isadora) and CAD (Vectorworks). The candidate will have experience in supervising, motivating and managing union staff. The candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations. Preference will be given to persons holding additional certificates for one, or all of the following; Firearms Acquisition, FE/LE Certificate, First Aid, Fall Arrest, Pyrotechnics. A valid B.C. driver’s license is essential.
How to Apply:
Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
MAIL: #203 – 162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H6
Deadline for applications: May 31st, 2018
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
58,000 to $61,000 per annum, plus benefits after three months.
Contact Name: Ms. Teddy Forsyth
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org