Contemporary Art Gallery
May 1, 2018
The Contemporary Art Gallery is Vancouver’s longest standing independent public art gallery dedicated to the research, exhibition, education and documentation of contemporary visual art as it is practiced locally through to internationally. It aspires to generate significant audiences for its innovative and diverse programs through free access and a profile that is international in scope. CAG aims to be perceived as a producer and transmitter of new ideas and activities, as a container for artistic experience. Radiating out from our center in Vancouver, our program seeks to signify an understanding of art as something of meaning in our daily lives, asserting a continuum, enmeshed within and of significance to all other experiences.
For more information about the CAG, please visit www.contemporaryartgallery.ca.
The Learning and Public Engagement Assistant will provide assistance with Learning and Public Programming initiatives including supporting the planning and delivery of a three week Summer Intensive for youth ages 15-19 in partnership with Arts Umbrella, and will assist with public programs related to the current exhibitions. The Learning and Public Engagement Assistant will perform these duties during a 14 week period at 35 hours per week. The position will be conducted in English and will begin May 28, 2018 and end August 31, 2018.
This summer student position is subject to funding approval from Young Canada Works. Applicants must be a full-time student in the semester immediately preceding June, returning to school full-time in the fall and be between 16 and 30 years old at the start of employment to apply. Eligible applicants must also be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have official refugee protection status, be legally eligible to work in BC, not have another fulltime job (30+hours/week) and be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.gc.ca).
Occasional evenings may be required.
- Researching links with the exhibition program and the Provincial K-12 curriculum
- Developing lesson plans for exhibitions
- Supporting the planning and delivery of the Summer Intensive for youth
- Assisting with the delivery of public programs
- Liaising with involved parties and ensuring deadlines are met
- Updating contact databases
- Data entry and record keeping
- Other duties as required
- A background or demonstrated interest in education and visual arts
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution in education or visual arts program
- Must be able to work in a PC office environment, using all MS Office software
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent communication abilities and experience working in a team environment
- Creative problem solving
- Teaching experience desired
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF via email with the subject Learning and Public Programs Assistant Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate how you meet the student eligibility requirements for this position.
Applicants must be a full-time student between the ages of 16-30, returning to studies in the fall. Applicants must also be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have official refugee protection status, be legally eligible to work in BC, not have another fulltime job (30+hours/week) and be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.gc.ca). We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$15.00 per hour, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
Contact Name: Shayla Perreault
Contact Email: email@example.com